Table of Contents
Hermes is arguably most well known for its very pricey Birkin bag which can set you back between $11,500 to upwards of $150,000 for an authentic bag. One often asked question is what color Birkin should I buy?
And it’s easy to see why as the variety of colors, hardware, leathers, and textures can make Hermes a difficult brand to navigate – especially if you are a first-time buyer.
With this quick Hermes Birkin colors guide, I believe you will have a more clear picture of the Bikin colors and one more step closer to picking your dream bag.
First of all, let’s look at the year’s new colors, so you don’t miss a chance to be a pioneer in the fashion world.
- Rose Pop – Rose pop is very similar to Pantone‘s Viva Magenta. The color is very bright and bold. It’s a vibrant shade that falls somewhere between red and purple.
- Orange Minium – Compared to Hermes orange, it has a more pronounced saturation and adds a bright and cheerful flair to the outfit.
- Limoncello – The color is like a glass of unsaturated lemonade, both the name and the hue evoke thoughts of the upcoming summer. It’s gentle yet imbued with dry, spring-summer energy.
- Vert Comics – It sits between Menthe and Bambou. The color tone is more refreshing, and eye-catching but not too loud.
- Gris Neve – It’s a calm grey tone, which can appear cooler compared to bright colors.
- New White – This white color has a slight grey-green tone to it, which gives off a pure and sophisticated look.
- Vert Fizz – A very muted, pale green color, which gives a sense of both elegance and chic.
- Gris Pale – A light grey color, which tends to lean towards white. Even with a large bag, it can look lightweight and lively.
As much as the new colors are dazzling and exciting, (as far as I know) there are only 3 colors that have become the Birkin bag colors up until now – Orange Minium, Gris Neve, and Vert Fizz.
While the Birkin colors are in a wide range, there are a few colors that stand out as the most popular among fashion enthusiasts and celebrities:
- Neutral (White/Grey/Black)
This is unsurprising as we all know neutral colors are always the CLASSIC! It is a particularly great choice for a first-time Birkin buyer and will not cause any post-purchase regret since it is one of the tamest and most practical colors you can add to your handbag collection.
- Brown/Tan (especially Gold)
The color Gold here does not refer to the super flashy and metallic gold your most likely imagining in your head but instead is more of a camel-esque color. It is one of Hermes’ first colors ever released and like black is uber tame, and will usually blend in well with most outfit palettes.
This is perhaps Hermes’ most iconic color and the one you will probably be most familiar with seeing – It is the same tone as Hermes’ famous orange boxes. And will add a nice pop of color to any outfit.
A blue Birkin bag is an ideal option for individuals seeking luxury and sophistication. Hermes offers a range of hues, from the muted Blue Nuit to the vibrant Bleu du Nord reminiscent of a cloudless sky.
Red is also a timeless choice among Birkin bag colors, especially when it comes to dark red like Rouge H. It can be both classic and modern styles and adds elegance to any look.
The pink Birkin bag has become a popular option for fashionistas looking to inject a pop of color into their wardrobe. For longtime Hermes fans, three pink hues, in particular, have become sought after – Bubblegum Pink, Rose Sakura, and Mauve Sylvestre.
Hermes Birkin bags are known for their elegance and high resale value. Interestingly, some Birkin bag colors tend to hold their value better than others. These colors are often considered to be timeless and versatile.
Here are some Hermes Birkin colors that are known for best Investments:
Classic colors that are always in style and can be paired with almost any outfit
- Gray – Etoupe, Etain, Pearl Grey, Trench, Gris Tourterelle, Gris Mouette, Gris Asphalt
Sophisticated and understated
- White – Craie, Nata
- Blue – Blue Saphir, Blue Jean, Blue Lin, Blue Atoll
Feminine and elegant
- Pink – Bubblegum Pink, Rose Sakura, Mauve Sylvestre.
- Red – Rouge Grenat, Rouge H
If you are still torn between the Birkin colors after reading this guide, then you should just forget everything and get whatever you vibe with. After all, the decision should come down to your own personal preference – that’s WAY more important than resale value.