Hey, Celine fans!
I bet most of you have laid eyes on the new Celine Ava Triomphe, haven’t you? Isn’t it simply breathtaking? Celine has a knack for crafting bags that are more than just beautiful.
Now, I know the new Celine Ava Triomphe is the hot topic, and it’s gorgeous, no doubt! But let’s not forget the original Ava.
Two years back, I nabbed the Celine Ava Bag in Triomphe Canvas – a real gem. This bag’s been with me through thick and thin, on trips to the grocery store and swanky evening parties alike.
Today, I’ll give you the lowdown on my Celine Ava – its features, what fits, and more, also talk about the difference between the old and new Ava bag. Hopefully, this will give you some real insight if you’re torn between the classic Ava and the brand spanking new Ava Triomphe.
Review of My Celine Ava Bag
Let’s start with its features.
- The bag is made from this Triomphe canvas, which is super lightweight and durable.
- The edging is reinforced with this brown cowhide.
- The gold finish complements the brown tones of the bag.
Structure: The bag has a beautiful crescent shape. Since the bag is made up of curved pieces, it requires patience and precision while assembling it.
- The color of the shoulder strap matches the cowhide edges, giving the whole bag that vintage vibe.
- Celine even added white stitching and black glazing, which adds a nice touch.
- There are three buttonholes for you to adjust the strap length.
- The little embossed logo at the top is really subtle but classy.
Closure: It’s got a zipped closure, which makes it pretty secure.
What Fits Inside My Celine Ava
The dimension of this Ava Celine Bag is 10 X 7 X 4 IN.
One of the major pros of this bag is the size of it. You do have to be a little bit strategic because of its shape of it, but you would honestly be surprised at how much you can put in here.
As you can see, this bag can fit:
- A sun cream
- A hand sanitizer
- A small facial spray
(Or I can take one of those out and put in face powder, lip balm, and lip gloss)
- My sunglasses
- A Celine cardholder
- My AirPods
And of course, my keys and my phone.
If you’re worried about the sunglasses getting scratched, you can put them in a slim pouch instead of a hard case. The inner pocket is also perfect for my cardholder.
If you are a fan of mini bags, there is also the Celine Mini Ava for you. The size of the Mini Ava is basically half of the regular one, which is absolutely cute!
Pros & Cons of the Ava Celine Bag
- The bag holds more than you think.
- It’s made of coated canvas material, so it’s durable and waterproof.
- It’s easy to clean, you can just wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
- It’s extremely light and comfortable to wear.
- It matches with like 90% of my outfits, which I could dress up or down
- The shoulder strap is adjustable to carry as a shoulder bag or handbag.
- The bag can stand still pretty well.
To be fair, I personally didn’t find any cons about my Celine Ava Bag, but here are something that people mentioned.
- The shoulder strap is not detachable.
- The zipper can get stuck sometimes.
Leather vs Canvas
When you’re deciding between the leather or canvas Ava Celine bag, it really depends on your personal style and when you plan to use it.
The canvas with logo print is super versatile – you can rock it with a classy, vintage vibe or go for a young, cool street look. It’s a breeze to match with different outfits for any occasion.
As for the leather version, it’s sleek and sophisticated. Wearing it gives off an effortlessly elegant and premium feel.
If you want an everyday, casual vibe, go for the canvas one. But if you’ve got some fancy events coming up, the leather version would be perfect for those more formal occasions. So, pick the one that matches your style and needs.
Classic Ava vs New Ava Triomphe
Next to the down-to-earth, minimalist Ava, the new Celine Ava Triomphe looks cooler and edgier. With that flashy Triomphe logo added, this bag really grabs attention and it’s super easy to spot.
Does that mean the new Celine Ava Triomphe is better than the old Celine Ava?
I haven’t had the chance to see the new Ava Triomphe in person yet, but I did a little snooping around on their official site. Comparing both versions of the Celine Ava bags, it looks like the only real difference is that the new one sports a little leather flap with the Triomphe logo hardware on it.
But here’s the kicker – the price difference between the two isn’t as little as the design change, we’re talking a $550 gap!
Besides, the new Ava is still designed with a zip closure, so this magnetic flap is more of a fashion statement than a necessity. So, unless you’re totally head over heels for that Triomphe logo, I’d say stick with the classic one.