When I think about the ultimate luxury bag, the first thing that comes to mind is the timeless and elegant Chanel classic flap. It’s a bag that has stirred some debate. Some people see it as a must-have, while others question its high price tag or say it reminds them of their grandma’s purse.
Ever since I started my blog and began sharing my designer bag collection, the Chanel classic flap has been one of the bag that I receive the most requests for replica reviews.
So today, I’ll be reviewing my replica Classic Double Flap Bag.
Additionally, I’ll be sharing tips on choosing a fake Chanel bag that looks remarkably similar to the authentic version.
Basic Info of my fake Chanel
Color & Leather
I chose black lambskin in gold hardware (popular models tend to be more well-done). Although lambskin is soft and easy to scratch, it’s really beautiful compared to calfskin! I think lambskin is so chic and sophisticated, and I just love how soft it is.
For size, I decided to go with the medium size. Since I’m 5’5”, I thought this medium size would fit my height perfectly without “overwhelming” me. Of course, if you are tall, or you need to carry lots of things in your daily life, you can consider the Jumbo size which is much roomier!
Although I didn’t compare the prices from other sellers, I must say it’s a little bit higher than I expected (that is the rule if you are going for top quality). The bag was $625 (with free shipping) and was ordered from PCC (email@example.com).
However, considering the authentic is $8800 USD you could safely say it can still be considered a “steal” considering the amazing quality.
Detailed review of the Chanel replica
Quality & Leather
I have to admit I am impressed by how excellent the quality of this Chanel knockoff bag is. For a second, I thought my husband ordered an authentic Chanel to surprise me. LOL.
- The first thing to check is leather. No chemical smell, which means the seller didn’t fool me by saying they only use real leather.
- And the supple and rich lambskin is SO soft and smooth like a baby’s face. I simply couldn’t get my hands off it.
- See it from the side, the structure, and the shape are perfect. From top to bottom, it gets wider like the real deal.
- The bottom of the bag is also handled very well. Although it has no feet, it can easily stand without falling.
Another important factor to decide how “real” a fake Chanel bag can be is the stitch count on each individual diamond quilting.
A good replica Chanel handbag should have a high stitch count of at least 8 stitches in each diamond quilting. Anything less than this and you have a subpar knockoff on your hands (unless of course, the bag you are looking at is the large stitch models which purposefully have fewer stitches per quilting).
- I gave it my all to find any sewing mistakes or sloppy stitches, but I couldn’t spot a single loose thread or weird stitch.
We also need to check whether the diamond is too full.
I was especially fascinated by the quilting production technology of the classic diamond pattern as the manufacturer must be very careful during this process, otherwise, a single diamond may not be done well, and it will affect the use of the entire leather.
Further, an improper filling of materials within the diamond will destroy the overall fullness and shape of the diamond. So each diamond must be done just perfectly right. I have seen some bags with particularly plump diamonds which makes the bag look super fake.
- This replica Chanel bag is really perfect. Quilt puffiness is neither too fat nor too flat. Really happy with the dimensionality of the puffs.
Over the years, I have seen some inferior replicas, which are very dull in terms of hardware, and the hardware is often a big flaw that allows expert eyes to spot a fake. I feel like silver would have been a more demure choice but I was feeling bold when shopping for this bag and went for gold hardware.
- The hardware on the bag I received is nice and heavy. You can see how the gold hardware contrasts beautifully against the black lambskin.
- The CC twist lock closure has that solid and substantial quality to it. And when you open or close it, the turn lock makes a nice clicking sound.
- The joints of the chain are neatly cut – even if you don’t look closely you can’t see a small joint. It also has a good weight and doesn’t seem cheap or any lesser than an authentic Chanel bag. The chain also glides through the holes pretty easily.
- The detailing on the hardware is also quite intricate matching the minute details and designs on the metal of the original bag.
Now, let’s take a look from the inside.
- Gladly, the zipper on the first flap works smoothly.
- The leather is fitted tight, I don’t see any creases, bumps, or bubbles.
- The burgundy interior is as soft as the leather outside, and if you’ve ever touched the inside lining of a Chanel bag yourself, you’ll know the texture I’m talking about.
There are some replicas with overly red lining – that’s not right & a red flag.
- There is a sewn CC logo on the interior of the second flap, the widths of each C are equal and they also match the width of the gap between them perfectly.
- And right beneath this logo, you will find a stamp in gold – CHANEL; MADE IN FRANCE. The font looks exactly like the original Chanel.
As with any replica, if you look at the details and find high levels of accuracy, you will be able to gauge how good of a replica bag you have on your hands.
The laser label has been replaced with a microchip to verify the authenticity. The chip can only be scanned at the counter, but this is not a detail I care about.
I know some shoppers care about this stuff but I never have – I mean unless someone has a specific intent why would they take their replica bags to a Chanel store for verification?
To sum up
Overall I cannot seem to find anything “inaccurate” or “poor quality” with this bag. This fake Chanel bag totally nailed it in every aspect. Pictures don’t even do it justice. I absolutely love this bag and I’ve taken it with me on numerous outings and no one can tell it’s a fake.
What do you think of this knockoff Chanel classic flap? Did you pick up any good tips for choosing high tier replica Chanel bag?