Picture from DailyMail
Is it OK to buy fake designer bags?
There is no denying that this question comes up often when we are about to buy a fake bag, and it looks like everyone’s got their own take on the matter. It certainly makes for an interesting debate.
- Health Risks: Knockoff bags could contain harmful chemicals that don’t meet safety standards.
- Risk of Prosecution: It violates trademark and copyright law.
- Child Laborers: These bags are produced by kids across the globe in appalling and unjust environments with little-to-no compensation.
- Supports Terrorism: Counterfeit bags fund terrorism.
- Affordable: Fake designer handbags often become an appealing substitute for those who long to own the real thing, but can’t quite afford it.
- More Options: By spending less, you open up opportunities to buy more and have better options.
- Fewer Worries: Don’t have to worry about them being stolen or damaged.
As someone who has purchased replica bags for more than a decade, it‘s obvious that I am on the side of It’s OK. While I agree with the point of trademark and copyright point, it appears that the other three don’t really hold up.
First of all, the health factor, which may have been true in the past—but not anymore. Replica bags have had a quantitative leap in terms of quality; now, you can get some really nice material bags for an appropriate cost.
Secondly, child laborers. After dealing with a variety of sellers and understanding more about the industry, I can certainly tell that replica bags are not made through child labor – they are made by legitimate employees in a factory setting, just like regular items.
Thirdly, terrorism. I understand why many would object to businesses using kids as labor. However, the idea that this is somehow related to terrorism funding is completely absurd. While it’s unclear where this claim came from, Quora users have been arguing the idea that those are just advertising scaring people away from buying replicate things by claiming that the money will be used to fund terrorism.
How many people buy knockoff handbags?
There is an increasing number of people buying replica bags nowadays. Previously, there was a very popular Reddit group called r/RepLadies, which was mostly made up of wealthy people who bought these luxury knockoffs. Clearly, a greater number of affluent people are jumping on the fake handbag bandwagon.
Replicas are no longer viewed as solely an indication that someone’s social class. Even those who are rolling in cash, have come to appreciate the replicas for the great quality and total satisfaction they provide! If you want to know more about r/RepLadies, give this article a read. Plus, there are plenty of other sources out there like YouTube and TikTok with dope content about it.
Where do others buy fake bags & why I don’t?
I know folks who purchase knockoff bags on DHgate, AliExpress, Amazon, eBay, iOffer, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook groups, and the list goes on.
Personally, if I’m buying replica designer bags online, I’m not gonna go for mainstream websites. It’s a pain because they often have anti-counterfeiting policies in place, which makes the shopping process challenging.
Take DHgate for instance – it’s hard to know what you’re getting since practically none of the product pages show any brand info or logos. So you have to keep asking for photos to see what the bags actually look like.
And buying directly from platforms such as DHgate and Alibaba usually means a secure payment method. However, due to the platforms’ restrictions, this rule doesn’t apply to the replicas as many replica sellers only accept offline transactions and can only be contacted for purchase via WeChat and other methods. Not to mention Amazon, whose standards are tougher than the others.
Shopping Page on DHgate
Shopping Page on Amazon
I am also not a fan of social media because I’ve been burnt by them (as have many other blog followers) and it’s hit or miss.
Moreover, as they are not intended to be used for shopping, the search process seems to be more time-consuming and irritating, particularly TikTok—No direct search option means you have no choice but to scour through account names and can only hope that you can find the right seller, which is also quite risky.
Now you might wonder, “If these platforms are so bad, how come people still shop from them”, and my answer is because they’re VERY CHEAP. Take a look at the pictures above, most of the bags are under $50!
More than a decade ago, when I first got into replica bags, I made some rookie mistakes. I got sucked into all the available low-cost options, paying mere tens of dollars without considering the quality, and I know some of the readers have a similar experience.
Shopping page on iOffer
From then on, cheap isn’t my main priority–I want bags made with good materials and craftsmanship, otherwise, I’d rather buy an ordinary bag with no brand name for under $100. It really depends on what you’re in the market for. If budget is the priority, it’s possible to find some good options there.
Check out the list of replica bag sellers I have tried and recommended
How to make sure the replica bag is high-quality?
It’s not gonna be easy if you want to score a nice-lookin’ bag. You better have eyes like an eagle so you can check out every tiny detail. Here are some points you should pay attention to.
Overall appearance and feel:
- A perfect knockoff bag should closely look like the authentic one in terms of design, proportions, and dimensions.
- Also, check the weight if you can. If the difference is huge, it’s likely the seller didn’t do a good job with the materials.
- Leather/Fabric: Inspect the texture, smell, and overall appearance of the leather/fabric. Top-quality replicas should use genuine leather or the same fabric as the original.
- Hardware: Don’t forget the zippers, buckles, and clasps. They should have a solid and well-crafted feel.
- Stitching: High-quality fake handbags will have consistent, straight seams that are securely stitched.
- Logo and pattern alignment: Logos, monograms, or patterns should be perfectly placed, just like on the real bag.
- Zippers and closures: Zippers and closures should operate properly and with ease.
- Lining: Compare the lining’s design and pattern to the authentic bag to see if they match.
- Pockets and compartments: Check to see whether the bag has the same numbers and types of pockets as the original.
- Labels and tags: The internal label or tag should also have the appropriate brand name, font, and placement.
Spotting common issues:
- Look for typical faults in replicas of the bag model you’re considering. This info can make it simpler to spot inconsistencies.
- Compare the fake bags with images or descriptions of the real bags sourced from official websites or other reliable sources.
What should I buy first?
If it is your first time dipping into the dark, yet dazzling world of replicas I would suggest you go for a small item such as a purse/wallet.
This is an inexpensive, and easy way to test the waters of a seller you are considering buying from. Once you receive your first order, you can make a good judgment and decide whether the vendor deserves any more of your time or money, and make a decision about their quality!
What brand should I go for?
There is good news and bad news when it comes to deciding which handbag you should purchase a replica for:
- Good News: There are good quality replicas for every handbag brand.
- Bad News: Not every model of every brand will be available in a replica form at all – let alone a good replica!
So be careful when picking which handbag to buy a copy of – a good rule of thumb I always take into consideration is the popularity of the model of the handbag.
Basically, when shopping for a replica set your sights on a popular model since those tend to be more well-done as opposed to the lesser-known bags:
- Less well-known models – better to buy authentic ones to maintain the beauty of the original design.
- Classic & popular models – I would never buy an authentic Neverfull since the replica ones are so well done, and I’d really be wasting my money.
Is it easy to spot fake bags?
It turns out that identifying a fake bag isn’t always as simple as you may expect. While some fakes come with obvious flaws, others tend to be more convincing, making it tough to tell the difference between the real and the fake.
No one wants to be caught lugging around a knockoff, so it’s important to know your designer labels that matched your aura and identity. In another word, if you’re living on a 5000 salary, you better not carry a Birkin bag.
There are some tips you can look out for when trying to spot a fake, such as:
- Material: Genuine bags are constructed of high-quality materials, while counterfeit bags are frequently made of cheaper, synthetic materials. You can easily tell from the feel and smell of the leather.
- Logo: Look for misspellings on the label or logo, the font, size, and placement matter since designer bags take pride in their branding.
- Packaging: Authentic bags always include a dust bag, authenticity card, and receipt, so if any of them are missing, it’s a red flag.
- Details: Fakes often have uneven stitching and flimsy hardware.
Grades of replica designer handbags
Not all replicas are made equal; they can be graded according to their quality. Usually, a higher price means higher quality. If you’re looking to buy a fake bag, don’t fall for the false promise of a “100% exact copy.”
However, high-quality replica handbags from China could turn out 95% identical to the real thing. Since most of us are not authenticators, I believe that is acceptable for most individuals. The luxury feel and appearance of the beautiful high-quality replica designer bags sure can deceive most people’s eyes.
Priced from low to high, these three categories stand for the“best” products: A, AAA, and Mirror 1: 1 Counter Quality.
- A: This is not strictly a highly identical replica bag with poorer craftsmanship. It looks a bit low-tier at a glance or touch.
- AAA: This is the bag with standard replica quality. It is what comes to mind when most consumers picture a replica bag. It usually uses ordinary sheepskin, cowhide, and other materials. The materials are soaring and affordable. And the price can only ensure that the appearance is close to the authentic product.
- Mirror 1: 1 Counter Quality: This is considered the best stuff since those bags are so good that they can be placed next to an authentic purse on the counter of the department store.
Obviously, they are good enough. Many sellers claim that they can mix the spurious with the genuine. Different names are the sales strategies of different sellers in the replica market.
Their craftsmanship and materials strictly follow the details of the genuine versions. They detach the hardware from each part of the authentic to open the mold.
High-quality replica VS authentic
Replica Chanel Coco Handbag VS Genuine – Which One Is A Replica?
Although sellers may hype up their products for promotional purposes, realistically there’s no way they can achieve 100% similarity to the original. However, when you come across a high-quality replica bag, it usually reaches close to 95% accuracy – which is still pretty amazing!
So, what exactly is this 5% difference? The material used for hardware varies, yet the ordinary person can’t identify the difference. The code is expired or invalid, but I know that people who place a large number of orders at once may ask for specific codes, which is useful for those who want to resale. I’m simply sharing what I know, and I don’t encourage you to do it!
Practical tips for first-time replica bag buyers
- Do your digging: Don’t take the easy way out. Research to make sure the replica designer bag you’re getting is up to par with the original. Compare design, materials, etc.
- Favor reliable sellers: Find trustworthy marketers with good reviews and feedback. Avoid buying from unnamed dealer shops or web pages.
- Examine the workmanship: Double-check that the replicas are made with solid material that won’t easily tear or show signs of wear and tear quickly (paying close attention to stitching, zippers, and hardware).
- Check prices carefully: Keep an eye out for vendors that offer unreasonably low costs for high-quality replica bags.
- Look at return policies: Better yet- go over return guidelines in advance. Stay away from dealers who don’t have a return policy or make it difficult to do so.
- Don’t forget custom fees/taxes: Shipping replicas could result in having them confiscated by customs – chat with your seller about it before finalizing your order. There may also be taxes owing after ordering a product from overseas.
- Stick to safe payment options: Protect your financial info – don’t wire money through unfamiliar channels of payment.
You have reached the end of the guide for first-time buyers, I hope you find it informative and useful. If you have any other questions or doubts, don’t hesitate to leave a comment so everyone can get involved to help you!